Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Family is Coming!

I'm so excited that most of my family is coming to visit for Thanksgiving! We even get to have baby Ki here. It's going to be great!

I finally bought myself a new pair of jeans. I don't know if anyone has noticed my pants, but they were pretty awful long before I made myself get some new ones. I took pictures so you could see the difference:













This last week, Twilight came out in movie theaters. I've read the book, but it was a long time ago and I wasn't all that impressed, so I didn't bother finishing the series. The women at my work, however, all love the books. They couldn't wait for the movie to come out, so they set up a girl's night out for Friday night, where we'd all go and see Twilight together. I went because it sounded like a fun thing to do. Plus, we all wore red contacts from work so we looked really creepy. It was a lot of fun, and the movie was better than I expected.

In preparation for my family's visit, Jeff and I bathed the cats yesterday. Wet kitties are so funny looking!

5 comments:

Anne said...

James took me to see Twilight and endured a theater full of estrogen. I loved the books. The movie was good but not great. But, they did what they could with a small budget. The next one should be better!

I'm not sure I could put contacts in my eyes. Did they bother you at all? Where's the picture of you all with red eyes?!! :)

Karen said...

Love the red eye idea! How fun, yet creepy. Ya, I'm sure I'll see the movie - eventually. We don't see many movies in the theatre, so many we'll rent it - cheaper that way. But, I have heard of so many crazy women groups getting together to go and see it. Glad to see that you got to participate with one of those "crazy" vampire groups. One question, did anyone have a "I heart Edward" shirt??!!

Edie Veronin said...

didn't you take a picture of yourself with the red contacs?

donna said...

Allison and I are going tomorrow. We won't have red eyes, but I think I might whip up an "I heart Edward" shirt. Congrats on the new jeans, Cyndi! I'm jealous.

Cyndi Day said...

My coworkers had cameras, so I'm going to ask them to email the pictures to me.

One woman had a shirt that said, "Edward, Dazzeling Since 1910".