Friday, February 12, 2010

Finances update!

First, for those of you interested in how we're doing personally, we're both doing very well. Cyndi enjoyed her stay with her family, but she's very glad to be home. She's got a lingering cough from the flu that we both had the last couple of weeks, but even that's gotten a lot better in the last couple of days.

Mike's taken to kicking me whenever I contact Cyndi's stomach. It's adorable.

Ki seems to be doing better and is even sleeping in his own toddler bed instead of crawling into his Mom's and Dad's bed partway through the night. He's in better spirits as you can see from these fun videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_eHwhMOYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXbpYcmd_WY

I had my yearly performance review, and my manager loves me and couldn't be happier with my performance. The only complaint was that I joke a little too much, and she made sure to stress that it wasn't a major complaint. While I knew that I was doing well, I didn't realize exactly how well I was doing and it was really nice to hear it from my manager who also happens to be over the entire engineering department for Omniture (our team is the only one that reports directly to her).

For those of you who are interested in our financial situation (you know who you are), we've got a quick update. For those who want just a quick summary: the Lord is merciful, even when His children aren't worthy of it, and because of that we're doing extremely well.

With the car accident in January, Cyndi quitting her job, and the travel to help with Cyndi's family, we expected to have to dip into our savings quite a bit. Instead, it turns out that our net cash flow was positive and, when we get reimbursed for the rental car by Colorado, we'll have added to our savings quite a bit.

We've redone our finances, and we're planning on leveraging some Adobe programs while tighten our belts more. For this effort, by my calculations we'll have both of our cars paid off by the end of next year and have roughly doubled our savings.

As you can see, the Lord has given us more blessings than we would have even thought to ask for much less expected to receive. In just over a year we've gone from having terrible finances to being in a position where we aren't worried at all about the future. While I've done most of the spreadsheets and calculating, Cyndi's done the vast majority of saving the money for us and managing the day to day workings of our budget. Without her hard work and willingness, we wouldn't be anywhere near where we're at now. She's amazing and I don't know where I'd be without her.

4 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the update. I was thinking that you guys were probably hurting a bit financially and I thought it was too bad since you were doing so well before. Congrats on doing so well still!! I'm glad Cyndi is home and doing well, along with little Mikey!!

Jenn said...

Sounds like we have a lot in common. Even down to the spreadsheeting. But the Lord really does watch over us. Glad to hear Omniture is treating you so well, it's a great place to work! I'm doing some independent omniture consulting now, I can't seem to stay away from it

Edie Veronin said...

You make me feel guilty. We need to spend some time looking at our budget--also, it's time to get all our tax records together. I think sometimes our finances would be simpler if we were poor (not that I want to be poor again!)

donna said...

Way to go Days!