Monday, July 19, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

It's both easier and harder to post more often with baby Michael. Easier because we have interesting and adorable things to post about, and harder because it's difficult for me to spend enough time alone at my computer to type up a blog post uninterrupted.

I had a birthday (Happy Birthday to me!) and am now a quarter of a century old. It's weird. As a teenager, I imagined myself maybe married at 25 years old. I definitely didn't see myself as already being hitched for two and a half years and a mother for almost three months!

For my birthday, my insanely awesome husband got me a subscription to audible.com so I can listen to audio books while taking care of Michael. Did I mention that I'll be listening to them on my brand new laptop?! It's gorgeous. Jeff also got me a comic book (he knows me so well) and Phineas and Ferb dvds. It's so much fun to own those because Phineas and Ferb is the best cartoon on television right now. We highly recommend it to everyone. I can't wait for Michael to watch and love them too.

Speaking of the boy, he's getting bigger every day and learning new things. Everything he does is cute, even if he sometimes drives me crazy. How can I stay angry with those cheeks?

(and here's a side view of that awesome after-bath-hairstyle:)

He gives this look to his mobile a lot (yes, I'm very jealous). I call it his "smolder":
Because every time I see it, it reminds me of the Tangled trailer:

Anyway...
He still loves that elephant:

And he's learning to reach up and...

POW! Right in the kisser! Take that elephant! (It's hard to tell, but he really did just send it straight to the moon with that left hook.)

Remember when we had a double dose of cute cos Tess was visiting? She loved dancing with my kung fu hamster and she liked getting it as close as possible to her face.

Take 1:


Take 2:

6 comments:

Liz said...

He does have the cutest cheeks! Also, I once had one of those hamsters, and as soon as I saw her start picking it up I was like, "I hope it doesn't have that spinning part on her anymore. That wouldn't be very fun to get hit with". Lo and behold, it gets stuck in her hair.

Karen said...

We want to borrow the DVDs! Abby and Zach love that show, and don't get to watch it, unless we're at Grandpa's house. :)

Happy Birthday!

(try having FOUR kids and blogging. well, you actually get good at neglecting children at that point)

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That first picture sure shows how big those cheeks are. Love it! Cute videos with Tess.

Anne said...

Okay, so lately I have been hearing people talk about Phineas and Ferb but I have no idea what it is. Is it a cartoon or what?

Baby Michael has already changed in looks since his blessing. Still has those cheeks though!

Edie Veronin said...

I'm so glad to hear from you again! I was going to call you to see if you were still alive! Adorable pictures of Michael, and of course I love the video of Tess. Last week I bought a kung fu hamster at a yard sale for a quarter; Tess can't help dancing whenever it is turned on.

Edie Veronin said...

Also, Phineas and Ferb is my favorite cartoon, but I hadn't heard of it until Ki was in the hospital last winter and I started watching a lot of children's programming.