Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What We Do For Fun

Life has gone back to normal, leaving me not a whole lot to blog about. Jeff is working, Michael and I stay home, and I try to get things done during the day.
Lately, a typical day for us consists of...

Michael feeding himself breakfast and tossing what he doesn't want on the floor:


Some relaxing time, kicking back in our respective chairs:


Something to stimulate Michael's developing brain. Sometimes it's just a walk, reading books, or even just playing with the neighbor kids. But sometimes we do something especially fun, like...

Going to the splash park, which has fountains! Michael has a great time sticking his hand in them and spraying himself:

Or going to the aquarium up in Sandy where Michael loves to splash in the stingray pool (he once accidentally touched a stingray and really didn't like it. He's just there to splash in their poopy water), and watch the fish in the tiny tanks for small kids:

This picture is from the other side of that tank. He thought it was the coolest thing that he could see me and kept coming around to look at me and run back to the tank to look through the glass:

The last time we went, the penguins were playing and Michael loved them. He laughed and laughed at them as they jetted through the water, right past his face:


Then Jeff gets home and Michael usually drops whatever he's doing to greet him and spend some quality time with his Daddy:


Then dinner, bath and bed. Not terribly interesting, but that's life right now.

In closing, random pictures...

Eating fruit loops with a fork:

Michael recording his own height:

Michael's first sucker. I had one and let Michael hold it for a bit. He strutted back and forth across the downstairs sucking on it and holding it above his head as he ran:

This is a bad picture, but you get the general strutting image.

8 comments:

Liz said...

That is the cutest little recliner ever! I think we'll be needing one

barb v said...

Looks like he is a busy boy, I have the pic of Matt and Michael playing Ipad, on my desk top so cute. Love him, and you all.

Edie Veronin said...

The recliner is wonderful! Where did you get it?

donna said...

Looks like life is pretty good!

Cyndi Day said...

The mini recliner is a Dozydotes that I found in an online sale. I probably still paid too much for it, but I'm hoping it will last many years and at least a few kids. My only complaint would be that it's a manual recline (I have to pull the foot rest out), but I absolutely love that Michael has his own reading chair.

Karen said...

And he is adorable in that chair! I've seen him reading a book just kickin' back. What a cutie!

Hey - whay you like live in a different state? Come and hang!

Kaylee Steiner said...

SUPER CUTE!!! You guys are such a cute family!!!! I also love his chair! It's adorable!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

It looks like you guys have lots of fun together. I love that little chair, it's just too cute, especially with him in it!