Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finally, it took us long enough

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. We've known we were buying this house for a week and a half, so I don't know why it's taken us this long to post. Anyway, google maps can show you some pictures of our house if you're interested in seeing pictures. It's a simple townhome, between 1300 and 1400 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. Our mortgage payment's going to be more than an apartment would have been, but there aren't any apartments that are this nice, really. We're closing tomorrow at 6:00 pm, so hopefully this will be our last night sleeping on a bed that isn't ours.

My new job's going well. I've been bored out of my mind since I don't know the system or the code base yet. That will probably last another 2 weeks or so. They're also going to reimburse the moving expenses that we incurred, which I think is really nice. As a quick side note, the comfort inn in cedar city has whirlpool tubs right in the room. I know what you're thinking, and yes, sitting in a whirlpool tub watching a hotel's big screen is one of the greatest things in the world, especially when it's only $10 more per night than the same room without one and they let you keep pets there.

Other than that there's not much to say. My family came out like champs and helped us move the stuff into the empty house, with my older brother Duane and my brother in law Spencer moving our most heavy furniture up the stair together, and if you've ever tried to move my desk, you realize what a feat that is. On a scale of 1 to 10, they're both 11's. Maybe 11.2's. If only Guinness had been there.

4 comments:

Anne said...

So are you guys settled in yet? How do you like it? You need to email me your new address!

Jeff said...

Sorry about that! I meant to leave the address, and then I thought of how great it would be to put in a link to google maps and was sidetracked doing that. It's 1041 s 1850 w springville, ut 84663.

Karen said...

looks great! how exciting!

Unknown said...

I've seen the place...it really is everything they say and more. Glad to have you guys back in Utah.