Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dental Work

Well, it's that time of year again, when I spend more money than I made in the first 18 years of my life to fix my teeth. This years round up: 1 crown, 1 filling, and 2 more crowns if the insurance company will agree that slowly chipping away at my front teeth is a bad thing. The secretaries don't think it's likely.

I just came back from getting the first crown and the filling done, and I have to say that I absolutely love my dentist, Dr. Richards. Love with a capital :D. He's the only dentist that I come away from the experience and don't wish that I had gone to another dentist. Also, he's funny. Also, he's fast and willing to work with you on money and with emergencies (both of which I've had to take advantage of in the past, unfortunately). Also, the assistants usually give me enough of the laughing gas that it works.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ya, we don't have dental insurance, therefore haven't been to the dentist in over 2 years, and I am scared! We have set aside some money for this year that the kids and I can go. We have horrible teeth, so I'm thinking we'll be spending a small fortune as well.

Edie Veronin said...

Sorry you have to have so much dental work done. I cannot brag like Donna, but I have never had a crown or root canal--only a few fillings (and of course, now I have these wonderful braces)

Anne said...

I haven't been to the dentist in longer than 2 years and we have dental insurance! How dumb is that? It's all fear. My kids, however, have a great pediatric dentist whom they see every 6 months. I haven't ever had a crown or root canal yet either but have a mouth full of metal for sure!