Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In Sickness and in Health

Quick pregnancy update: Jeff is running to Joe Bandito's (our favorite mexican restaurant) to pick up the Half Bandito that I suddenly had a craving for. The man is awesome. So is the restaurant. I called them at 9:28pm and they technically close at 9:30pm.
(I'm a little embarrassed about this, but also thought it was hilarious. In my defense, I would have gone myself if I was dressed and Jeff is very excited to eat his own Half Bandito and their amazing chips and salsa.)

This is especially nice of Jeff since he has been sick for almost a full week now. He started feeling ill last Wednesday with headaches and a really sore throat. Thursday it had gotten bad enough he worked a half day, and he's taken Friday, Monday and today off. On Sunday, his left ear had built enough pressure that it was extremely painful, so we went to an urgent care clinic where it was confirmed that he has an ear infection on top of an insanely sore throat (not strep), cough, fever, and runny nose. He's pretty miserable.

At least now we have... a big screen TV!

We actually bought it a few weeks ago because some friends of ours found a fantastic sale and we were financially stable enough to say "Why not?". It felt really good to be in that position. Now we have a standing date night on Fridays with oven pizza and a Redbox movie. I love it.

10 comments:

Edie Veronin said...

we all love redbox!

Anne said...

I am beginning to think the Orrs are the only ones left with a dinosaur tv. Ah well. Maybe we'll just have to drive down to your place and watch movies and eat pizza with you! :)

Jeff said...

The Orrs are always welcome in front of our TV. For the record, we'd been saving for this for a while, so we didn't have to go into debt for it or interrupt our budget at all.

Cyndi Day said...

Plus, the salesman assured Jeff that this TV was much better than his father-in-law's and his friend's. We kinda had to get it after that. ;)

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I hope Jeff gets feeling better soon!! I still want to try your wonderful mexican place one of these days.

Karen said...

Oh, the Mortensens still have their TVs that we both got in high school or shortly thereafter. They work great, although I am jealous of a TV where you can actually see the scores during a football game. :) Awesome.

Karen said...

Wait - does that mean that I'm as old as a dinosaur, if my TV from high school is?

-Rikki Lyn said...

Jeff you're a good man to go and do those kind of things for your wife and I hope you're feeling better. Cyndi, you made me hungry but I still love you.

Oh and purdy tv. ^_^

donna said...

The Warrs are still a-watchin' the TV that Scott "won" while working at Sprinkler Supply in Orem circa 1996. We've been thinking of an upgrade though, because we love the redbox too! I must try this Half Bandito. It intrigues me.

Anne said...

Ah, we have you beat by one year Donna. We still watch the tv we bought the year James and I got married; 1995.