Friday, October 1, 2010

5 Months

Michael is 5 months old and a very social boy. Jeff loves to play with him in the morning, because that's generally when he's the happiest. He's usually greeted with smiles and raspberries when he goes to take Michael out of the crib.
Michael has been enjoying his crib a lot more and can happily stay in there on his own for a bit. Sometimes we come in to find him in weird positions with his legs sticking out of the sides of the crib.

As he gets better at rolling, I find him on his stomach a lot more often.

I also find him in awkward positions in his blue chair from trying to roll or arching his back so much he slides to the bottom.
(I feel a little guilty about this picture since I took it instead of immediately helping, but his cry wasn't pained, he was just really angry. Plus it was hilarious.)


My sister, Katie, and I took Michael to the pet store to look at fish the other day. I read that babies his age really love watching them swim around. Plus, I needed to get Sadie a new collar so I can toss the cats outside again.

It was a lot of fun, but I was a little disappointed at how few animals they had. Does anyone else remember the days when pet stores sold more than fish and hamsters? Where are the dogs and cats to go along with all the food and toys they stock? It would have been fun to see how Michael reacted to puppies.

Michael has been making it more and more worth it to keep him around. Jeff says that he can see how people would want more than one. Our boy is so smiley and active and can finally entertain himself for more than a minute. We love it.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

So precious! I love all the pictures y'all post!

Kami said...

Ah! What a sweetie! You know, when he was first born, I thought he was a total Jeff clone ... but now I'm realizing he looks like you, too. Funny how that works. I think you guys' genes go together well. :)

Karen said...

My babies all did that on the "jiggle chair". He sure is cute!

Edie Veronin said...

super cute!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I love the pictures of him in the bouncer. Ha!