Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Continued

Hooray for naps!
Now, to finish my 15 things. I promise to keep the rest shorter than number 1.

2. I use to have a lot of hobbies. Reading, playing outside, card games, writing, drawing, video games, puzzles. I've even tried my hand at photography and woodworking. Recently, they've turned into Michael, audio books, Michael, the occasional computer game, Michael, and cat naps.

3. I love to cook. I'm not calling it a hobby, because I rarely cook unless we need a meal or there's a special occasion. The funny thing is that I don't always follow the recipe. In fact, I almost never follow it as written. I tend to change amounts or add/remove ingredients. Jeff says he loves it and doesn't mind that I have yet to have two meals come out the same way.

4. I collect comics. If I had the money, I'd have a room full of them. My small collection is mostly Batman, as he is my favorite superhero of all time, but I also own some X-men, stuff written by Joss Whedon, and a random selection of other superheroes and writers.

5. I am terrified of zombies. Not kidding. I have nightmares of the joked about "Zombie Apocalypse". I get frightened reading about them, playing zombie video games, or even talking about them. Jeff once made me cry by pretending to be a zombie while I hid under the covers.

6. I can sew! I know this has come up before, but I am so glad my mother taught me to sew. I'm not great at it, but I have a sewing machine and I can use it. Just the other day I hemmed the curtains in Jeff's office so they didn't drag on his desk anymore. I've also patched our favorite quilt that's sadly falling apart. They're not big projects, but I'm proud of them and Jeff likes having a wife who can take care of things like that. He says it's cute.

7. Someday I will paint a mural on Michael's wall. I've been planning it since before he was born, but I've never gotten around to doing it. I want to have it done before 2012. Good luck to me.

8. Taking a break from me, Michael is crawling:


I'm such a mean mom to laugh at him, but did you see the crawling?! Hooray for Michael!

9. Despite number 1, I really am a good driver. I was something of a terror when I first started, and over the years I've had some run-ins with inanimate objects, but I've never hit another car. Also, my last accident was over 5 years ago, and my last speeding ticket was some time before that.

10. I'm getting laser eye surgery. I don't know exactly when , because I have to wait at least 90 days from when I stop breastfeeding Michael, but it will be relatively soon. Hopefully sometime this year.

11. I love my Michael boy. Yes, I'm running out of things to type, but I am half tempted to keep Michael an only child and just spoil the heck out of him. He's such a Momma's boy and I wouldn't mind being able to give him my undivided attention forever. Unfortunately for him, my desire for a bigger family (and babies) is much more tempting.

12. Writing things down helps me remember them , even if I lose the piece of paper. Otherwise, I have a very bad memory. Sometimes I have difficulty remembering what happened the day before or what I just said 5 minutes ago. It's kind of embarrassing.

13. My favorite physical things about myself are my hair, my smile, and my feet.

14. My favorite color is green.

15. My husband is amazing at his job. In fact, he is so good that at his last annual review, both of his bosses (one of whom is the VP of Engineering) congratulated him on doing so well. :)

5 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing. I learned some new things. That Michael is going to be running before we know it!

Edie Veronin said...

I can think of a lot more: you have a funny laugh, you are a good and kind friend, you played varsity soccer in high school (and were the goalie!), you can quote all the words to "I Cannot Go To School Today", you have been parasailing in Hawaii and scuba diving in Guam...but I guess the 15 things you picked are ok.

Cyndi Day said...

Aw, yours are better. I'd forgotten all about Hawaii, Guam, and Japan.
But I wasn't the goalie on the varsity team. Coach Powell's daughter was. Making varsity was pretty cool, though.

Lizzy said...

You're comment on my blog made me laugh--but I had to come and make sure you didn't change yours! Reading yours is what made me finally finish mine!

Ray said...

I love your 15 things about yourself. You are a lovely, wonderful person whom I love very much. Glad to hear that you sew. It comes as no surprise to anyone that I am especially in favor of sewing and sewing and sewing.