Friday, February 7, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Christmas was a lot of fun this year.  Not that it isn't always fun, but this was the first year Michael really cared.  Santa was coming and Michael was going to get presents!  It was a bit more stressful because I felt like I had to impress my 3 year old and actually do all the Christmas stuff Jeff and I grew up doing (like put up the tree which, if you'll remember, took two and a half hours).

Michael got to sit on Santa's lap at the Jones's Family Christmas party.  He was absolutely ecstatic to be called up and talked Santa's ear off while he was up on his lap.  It was really cute:






I convinced Michael to ask for a monster truck from Santa and he very enthusiastically acquiesced, so he was very happy with his Santa gift (until he saw everyone else's presents, of course).   

Michael's class made "gingerbread" houses at school:


(Michael was not very happy that I made him stop eating for a second so I could take his picture)


And I felt we had to top that by making a sugar cookie house:



Christmas morning was great:


 Santa came and left us stockings (which I left til the last minute to make, so I was up nice and late making sure we all had one with our name on it):


And presents, of course:


Waiting at the top of the stairs to come down:


This video is really long (3 and a half minutes) so feel free to skip it, but I love every second of it.  This is practically Michael's first Christmas since this was the first year he actually understood what was going on (it's a very quiet video- sorry, we're not too talkative early in the morning):



We took turns opening our gifts, which was practically painful for our excited boy.  Here's my favorite video with Michael opening his gift from Grandma Veronin:



Then went to Grandma and Grandpa Day's house and admired everyone else's gifts, like Danny's new balance bike:


We also got to talk to Derek and Dallin (Jeff's two youngest brothers on missions in Sweden and Hungary) on skype with the whole family.  It was really great to see them again and hear their voices.  Apparently Dallin gained some weight but refused to show us his gut.  Weirdo.

1 comment:

Edie Veronin said...

Michael--you open your gift so slooowwwlllyy! Super cute videos!