Thursday, April 29, 2010

Everything's going well

My gorgeous wife just got an epidural from one of her best friend's dad. She's very happy, everything's going great and she's getting ready to take a nap.

We got here around 5am, they didn't set up the IV until 6:20 (much to our dismay), and Cyndi got to figure out what contractions feel like. They didn't pain her at all, but she decided to get the epidural before she fell asleep. That's right, Cyndi was so comfortable in her pitosin-induced labor that she was falling asleep. She's amazing.

The room is bigger than our bedroom at home and our nurse is very friendly and competent. She's always greeting us with a smile and making Cyndi feel more comfortable. We've got a picture of her trying to sort out all of the lines going in and out of Cyndi. Fun time!

She's currently got 4 things running into her: a basic saline drip, an antibiotic because she's (apparently) got a mild strep infection, pitosin, and now her epidural line. Overall, the experience has been very laid back and positive. The hardest part's been the boredom which, all things considered, is a good sign.

Cyndi's nodding off now. Tonight we'll probably try to restrict our visitors to just family. I'll post tonight as soon as Cyndi has the baby and I can get a few pictures up and Cyndi's resting. If you want to visit just text or call me and I'll give you the code.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like everything is going well- woohoo! Can't wait to see pics of the baby.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the update!! Glad to hear all is going well. I'm so excited!!!

Karen said...

Sounds great! Keep us updated. I want to stop in probably tomorrow, before we leave town. I'll check in with ya. Jeff - can you email me your cell phone? jkmortensen@yahoo.com
Or, I guess you could just call me.

Liz said...

Exciting!

barb v said...

Anxious and waiting to hear. Love you both Granni Barb V