Sunday, September 21, 2008

Odds and ends

Some random information about the past few weeks:
  • In my defense, the columbian is big, scary, bald and columbian; I, on the other hand, am a coward. Perhaps I should get a gun. As Professor Farnsworth said, "Who needs courage when you've got a gun?" or, as Doctor Zoidberg said, "No, world, you put your hands up!"

  • We bought a dryer to go along with our washer. One of our friends had one left over from her divorce, so we got a neary brand new washer for not too much money.

  • I've now changed the plug type on the dryer and replaced our cracked garbage disposal. It's like I'm a real husband!

  • Our lawn has started to come in. We have a really small amount of land, and we decided to see if we could get some grass growing before winter hit, hopefully making it easier to grow it next year. We'll be putting in some raspberry bushes, strawberries, and random garden vegetables next year. I'm pretty excited about it.


All told, things are looking pretty good. Cyndi's been emailing the counselor at UVU to square her schooling away, although she's not sure what she's going to major in. I'll be looking into going in january, or maybe just taking some courses online, we'll see. My job's going well, and my stock options are already worth quite a bit of money, so I've got a lot of incentive to stay and make the product better since they're not vested yet and I can directly affect the quality of the program. It's pretty wild for me to think that I'm one of around 20 guys who makes the product that makes our company worth $1.5 billion. Absolutely wild. I expect to be fired any day now ;) Just kidding, they seem to have some faith in me (for whatever reason).

2 comments:

Anne said...

Did Cyndi change her mind about Elementary Ed? Back when UVU was UVCC, the Early Childhood program there was ranked pretty high. I enjoyed it much more than I am enjoying my education at BSU!

Unknown said...

FYI: I'm becoming a fan of online classes. I don't really see Cyndi doing Elementary Ed. Maybe something with dinosaurs? Or after the vet experience... taxidermy:P