Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting Out of the House and Bringing People Into It

Finally, I have a job! I was hired yesterday at an eye doctor's, and I start tomorrow at 8am. Both Jeff and I are really excited. He's more excited because I'll be getting out of the house every day and making some extra cash, and I'm more excited because I'll be accomplishing something every day besides cleaning the litter box. The extra money is always nice too, though.

Last night, we had the Mortensen's over for dinner. It was a lot of fun! We had stew and rolls (my first attempt at Grandma's roll recipe), and everything went over really well. Nathan especially loved the rolls and got so excited to get his next bite that he would rock back and forth on his dad's lap, gasping loudly. It was really cute.

After dinner, we ate chocolate chip cookies and Jeff and I held Nathan while his family played tennis on the wii. It was a lot of fun to watch Zach and Abby try to swing the wiimote in time to hit the ball, and after an hour of "Just one more game" they left to put their chocolate covered children to bed.

I'm really glad we were finally able to invite Karen and her family over for dinner after all the times they've had us over on Sundays. We'll definitely have to do it again sometime. :)

3 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats on the job.

Karen said...

We had so much fun too! On the way home, the kids could NOT stop talking about how much fun they had. They kept reminding me that they heard Jeff say that we could drop them off there anytime. Today Abby has asked me a couple of times when we can come back. Thanks for inviting us. You guys are great to be around, and we love the hospitality last night. The kids loved the Wii, and are thinking that we need to buy one. I'm thinking we'll just visit the Days more often! Thanks again - we really had a good time!!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got a job at an eye place again. I know you liked it before. It's no teaching computer stuff, but it's interesting in it's own way. Have you tried the Trolley Cafe or Zubs yet?