Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dangeresque 2

Jeff and I flew to Colorado for my mom's birthday this last weekend. I think it's just plain dangerous for us to ever go back to my family's house again. Last time we went there, everyone attending ended up with a miserable cold. This time, a majority of family members ended up hunched over the toilet praising the porcelain goddess, calling europe, blowing chunks, ralphing, and whatever other colorful ways there are to say "throwing up". Poor Jeff, with his kidney stone, was in that majority. My sisters Mary and Katie ended up on the couch for the last day of our visit with a puke bucket and occasional sprints to the bathroom.

Now Jeff and I are afraid to go back. The small cold that was spread before escalated in such an extreme manner that we're pretty certain someone is going to die next time. Possibly from a sudden spreading of the bubonic plague.

Of course we're kidding.

To be on the safe side, however, I plan on packing a hazmat suit for our next trip out there.

P.S.~ Does anyone know if the groundhog saw it's shadow or not? Feb 2nd is my mom's birthday and not much else at the time. :)

5 comments:

Edie Veronin said...

yes, the groundhog saw his shadow. 6 more weeks of winter, or something like that.

donna said...

I've never heard it referred to as "calling Europe." I'll have to remember that. Also I would totally avoid that house. It sounds like a death trap!

Karen said...

Thanks for all of the wonderful barfing descriptives. Wow.

Ben Stair said...

I do hear the plague is making a come back. Perhaps you guys should vitamin C chug before going home?

Anne said...

It seems like whenever my kids get together with their Orr cousins, someone gets the "throw-upies", as we call it here in our house. Sometimes it's a cousin, sometimes it's one of my kids. Funny, the kids still beg to get together with each other!