Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stone watch, day 5 and 3/4

10 tonight will mark the start of the sixth day of my kidney stone. Yay! To mark the occasion, my stomach decided that it was tired of holding food and only moving it one way, so I had a celebratory vomit. Edi's turkey tasted amazing, retaining much of its succulence on the way out. The orange juice and mashed potatoes didn't keep so well unfortunately. My stomach was so excited that I would have this kidney stone into a sixth day that it dry heaved four or five times after it was empty. Unfortunately I flushed the toilet before Cyndi could get a picture for our scrapbook.

If I sound bitter it's because I am. The doctors told me it would almost certainly pass within 2 days. I've already missed three days of work and ruined a vacation over this thing. I had to go to an urgent care here in Colorado Springs to get a refill of percocet. The nurse gave me a prescription of Flomax just in case it would help. That's right, I'm taking a medication that's for old men with enlarged prostates who have trouble peeing. This is what I've been reduced to.

Other than that, Colorado's been great.

Edit: that's the first real vomit I've had in many, many years. Sad day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard that drinking cranberry juice helps in this tragic scenario. I hope it passes soon.

Ben Stair said...

Man... that sucks hard. Anything I can do to help? If I need to invent a time machine I will.