Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baby Watch

I have three babies to report on right now:
1.) Hezekiah
Ki has just finished his 2nd round of chemo and it is hitting him pretty hard. It seems that nights are the worst for him. I understand there is a lot of throwing up and diarrhea. I'm a little glad I don't have night shift with him. I'm fairly useless when he throws up or has a toxic poo. I've been sensitive to smells and gagging noises. Being pregnant is sooo much fun.
Ki tends to sleep a lot because he is so exhausted from hospital visits and the toll the chemotherapy takes on his poor little body.

But he also likes to play with Amy

And he even ate a starburst today!

He says "Owie" a lot and rubs his chest where the port is, but he loves to be held. When he wants someone to pick him up he says, "Hold you" and puts his arms out to be taken. He likes having books read to him (he really likes to turn the pages himself) and he really loves playing catch. He still has to be on the TPN at night since he doesn't like eating so much, but it is only at night so he can still move around during the day.
We have some really good news from Ki's last doctor visit. It looks like his tumor has shrunken dramatically! We hope he can have the surgery soon to remove it.

2.) Michael
Mike is doing just fine and loves to kick baby Tess when she falls asleep on my stomach. She doesn't seem to notice or care. We have some more fun ultrasound pictures of him though. This time you can tell that it's a baby! It looks like he is holding his fist above his head -first open, then close.



3.) Esther
I got permission to post pictures of Tess as long as I don't give her real name. Be prepared for the cutest baby ever. Honestly, Jeff and I would be so happy if our baby is even half as cute or good-natured.


The video is only a few seconds long, but it's hard to show all of her cuteness with just photographs.



I love that laugh!

8 comments:

Jeff said...

CUTEST BABY EVER!!!!

Unknown said...

You must be having so much fun!!! Seriously cute baby.

Jenn said...

Yay for babies! Poor hezekiah, it is so sad when little ones have to go through stuff like that

Karen said...

OH I love all of those babies. Thanks for posting pictures. I love to see them, and it's soooo good to see Ki smile! Yay for Amy!

donna said...

Great pictures and great news about Ki!! I need to squeeze some baby fat now...

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how things are going. Glad to hear things are pretty good with all 3. Wow, Amy sure does look like you Cyndi. I wasn't sure if it was you at first!

Cyndi Day said...

Yeah, Amy is my mini-me :)

Anne said...

Thanks for the update on the babies Cyndi. It was fun to see pictures of your baby (mine always looked like blobs), hear Tess laughing, and see a smile on Ki's face.