Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finishing Up the Year

2009 is gone. During the last few weeks of December, Jeff and I were able to celebrate 2 weddings, 2 birthdays, our 2nd Anniversary, Christmas, and New Years.

Two of my cousins, Mike and Matt, decided to get married within a few weeks of each other and Christmas. Mike chose the 19th for his and Heather's wedding, while Matt and Stacey went for Jan 2nd (technically in the new year, but I am posting it here with all of our other major celebrations). The weddings were a lot of fun and it was great to be able to add another 2 people to our large- but ever growing- family.

Jeff and I flew to Colorado for Mike's wedding and stayed for our 2nd year anniversary and my younger sister, Katie's, birthday. Jeff was also finally able to meet my Granny Veronin and Uncle Matt! He's never met anyone from my dad's side of the family before. It was great. I haven't gotten to see them in years either.

We had to leave before my big sister, Mary's, birthday on Christmas Eve, but I think she managed to have fun anyway.

We flew home for Christmas and celebrated on our own Christmas Eve before going to Jeff's parent's house for Christmas day. We got to shoot off rockets and eat awesome food.

For New Year's Eve, Jeff and I went to Wingers with friends and then hung out at our house to ring in the new year.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Busy month huh? But it was fun. It was great seeing you, especially hanging out in Spokane. We'll have to play that card game again (don't remember the name) so that I can beat the socks off of you this time! :)