Friday, May 14, 2010

2 Weeks Old

Michael turned 2 weeks old yesterday. As you know, yesterday was also my first day alone with him. He was adorable, as always, but I didn't believe people when they kept telling me to take advantage of his naps to take one of my own. There's just so much to do and so much I can accomplish without having to hold or watch the boy.

I tried to take a shower while he was dead asleep. I could hear him crying after just a minute and rushed to get through the rest of my shower as fast as possible. I know it doesn't hurt him to cry for a few minutes, but it was heartbreaking to hear him shriek the way he was when I got out. He calmed down quickly but wouldn't let me out of his limited sight for a while. I should have just napped.

To make things easier for me while he worked, Jeff bought a baby carrier so I can have my hands free but keep Michael close by. Here's what he looks like from the top:

and the front:

Michael seemed very pleased with the setup.

We also had his 2 week doctor's appointment where we learned Michael has gained some weight. To put this into perspective, when he was born, Michael weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. When we were discharged from the hospital he only weighed 6 lbs 4 oz. Two days later he was up to 6 lbs 6 oz. At his two week appointment yesterday, he weighed 8 lbs 2 oz. I had to have the nurse repeat herself a few times before it really sunk in.

Our little boy has really bulked up!


7 comments:

Jenn said...

He is bulking up! Soon you'll have some lovely little fat rolls to play with.

Karen said...

I can't believe that weight gain! Go Mikey, go!

He seriously is so sweet and cute. I love that picture of him awake on the yellow blanket.

Liz said...

So cute :)

Anne said...

Your milk must be cream. I think mine must have been 1% because with the exception of Max, my girls didn't have those cute fat rolls that I love on babies.

I carried Sarah around all the time in one of those carriers. It worked really well except for when I was unloading or loading the dishwasher.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!! He is SO cute!! I can't wait to see him!!! hehe!

Edie Veronin said...

He really is getting fat! How adorable! And you should nap whenever you can.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

What a cutie!!