Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weaning the Boy

Not a whole lot new in our lives, except Jeff's job is insanely stressful right now. Michael and I do what we can to support him, although Michael's support mainly consists of clinging to his Daddy when he has to leave for work. He seems to understand when Jeff is about to walk out the door and crawls quickly to him and climbs up his leg, begging to be picked up. It's pretty cute to watch but makes it hard for Jeff to leave.
Beyond that, things are pretty normal around here. Our days consist of eating, and practicing eating on our own:


Sleeping:


And playing (and being a bad, little boy):


Although, to go along with feeding himself, Michael is down to nursing only once a day now. It's a little hard and he wasn't very happy with me when I cut his morning feeding out. Here's his second day of a "real" breakfast:

He's a little grumpier in the morning than he used to be, but we'll get use to it... eventually.

Like I said, there's not a whole lot new, so here are some fun, random pictures of the boy:

(doesn't he look spiffy in stripes and camo?)

4 comments:

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Does he suck his thumb? What a cutie!

Edie Veronin said...

I love seeing Michael in Ki's hand-me-downs. And I'm sorry to hear that Jeff's job is so stressful.

Kaylee Steiner said...

AH!!! I just love him. He's the cutest! I love that he sucks his thumb when he has his blanket. I love his angry face. i just love his face!!!! I'm so glad I saw you guys so much this weekend! :)

Molly said...

These are adorable pictures! I love the one in the tub where he is eating his toy! cutie pants.