Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Growing Up

Michael is getting to be such a big boy. He's getting smarter and getting into more trouble every day. He's finally started to realize how much fun it is to empty drawers or move things from one drawer to the next:

If I forget to put the stairs gate up in the morning or after naps, I'll look up suddenly and find Michael has disappeared, or else I'll hear yelling and thumps from Michael climbing and hitting the stairs. I was hoping to get a video of his awesome climbing skills, but he decided to "talk" to me instead:


But it's not just stairs that Michael loves to climb. In fact, his favorite things to climb are Mommy and Daddy (especially Daddy). If we're sitting on a couch, he'll beg to be picked up and set next to us so he can make his way around and over us. It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but Michael is sitting on his Daddy's shoulder, leaning against his head. He looks so comfy:


He's also starting to master the art of the chicken dance:


But the biggest news right now is that Michael is finally walking! He's not too keen on doing it on his own yet, but he loves it if we make a game out of it and have him walk to one of us for a toy or his blankie:


Katie came over for dinner last night and got in on the action:


In closing, some cute pictures:

8 comments:

Kaylee Steiner said...

He really is SOOO cute!!!! I can't wait to see him walking and him again! :)

Liz said...

YAY! He's walking! He is just so cute

Jen Duke said...

The little cutie is walking! Yay for him! And really, even if it doesn't seem like it yet, yay for you too because now you get a little independence too!

Jason said...

I will say, i thought Petey was cute and all, but i'm pretty sure jeff took the cake when he put the blanket in his mouth, shook his head, and growled!! haha aww, i miss those days . . .

Anne said...

Listen to him jabber! I love it! I need to see this little guy again. It's been too long. Don't you guys want to take a trip to the fun and exciting Kuna???

Edie Veronin said...

Usually Michael looks like Jeff, but the video of him climbing the stairs reminded me so much of you, Cyndi!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I love the picture of him sitting on Jeff's shoulder. Haha!! That's funny what your mom said cuz I was thinking about how he usually looks like you to me, but in the video doing the chicken, I totally saw Jeff - for once. :)

Ray said...

Really enjoyed the videos, especially hearing Cyndi laugh. Oh, the miracles of modern technology! Enjoyed every last picture. It is interesting to see how Michael looks alot like Jeff, yet very much like Cyndi. Thanks for your blog.