Sunday, July 6, 2008

New blog, new job, new schools

Cyndi's aunt Karen suggested we start a blog to keep everyone up on our lives, and so here we are. This blog will (theoretically) keep everyone in the whole wide world up to date on our lives. Just think of it, now even John McCain can know what's happening with our little family!

So, what's happening in our lives right now? I lost my job on June 19th, and last week I interviewed with Omniture in Orem. They're a good company, treat their employees right, etc. They even have a game room set up to look like a dungeon where you can play World of Warcraft or other computer games. Tomorrow I have a phone interview with the VP of Engineering and Wednesday should hold a job offer for me. From what the recruiter said, the only way I won't get the job is to completely screw up the phone interview. Here's hoping I get it.

Assuming I get the job, then Cyndi's agreed to go back to school full time and I'll take a night class at UVSC. I'm not sure what I'll major in, but it'll probably be either math, science or computer science. Cyndi wants to do elementary education, although I think she'd be great as a botanist or, really, anything else. It's fun to walk down the street with her and have her identify all the plants that she learned in High School.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I can totally see you as a teacher Cyndi! Go for it!