Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Search Is On For A New Home

Jeff and I are officially moving to Utah, and we've been extremely busy trying to take care of everything that needs to be done before our move. We've already spoken with our property management, and they're willing to let us out of our contract early. We forfeit all deposits and are responsible for rent until the apartment is rented out again (or until October, when the contract would end). Also, we get charged with the marketing fees for putting the apt back on the market. I'm a little annoyed that we're losing about $1,000 in deposits alone, but if someone picks up our contract soon, it will be worth it.

Jeff traveled up to Utah to take a look at possible apartments/houses, and he also looked into the possibility of applying for a mortgage. It looks as though we would be approved for a mortgage up to $200,000. Now we're seriously looking into purchasing a house/townhome. It's fun, but it's also stressing Jeff. This is a really big step, and a huge responsibility.

Jeff left Thursday morning for Utah (he was suppose to leave Wednesday, but I talked him into staying another day). I was perfectly fine Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday I was depressed, lonely, and more than ready for my husband to come back home. He had originally planned on leaving Utah Sunday night, but when he heard how much I missed him, he left Saturday night and drove all night for me (stopping for a 2 hour nap). He is so amazing!

This next week is my last at the Computer Learning Center. We finally found someone who looks as though they'll be a good replacement for me. Now I just have to train her. Thurday, Jeff and I are going back up to Utah to go look at our favorite properties from the real estate listings. Hopefully we'll find something that we would be able to move into right away. August 4th, Jeff starts work, and I get to go back to Las Vegas to pack and clean. Fun fun. Thankfully, this should be the last trip that separates us for a while. I don't think I can handle another one any time soon.

1 comment:

Karen said...

There are some great town homes and condos in my neighborhood! hint, hint!

Oh, and Jeremy was totally stressing about the buying a home thing. Just buy something that you totally can afford - not just barely can afford. You never know what will happen.